Even though it’s the time of year to make resolutions, I do something different.
Instead, I create intentions for the year.
For the last 15 years, one of my intentions has been for radical self-care. Each January, I renew it.
This year, it looks like this:
1. Take one day off per week and spend some of my day off making art. For me, making art is one of the things I love to do that ALSO empties my mind.
2. Get a massage at least once per month. This one’s a no-brainer … total “me time.”
3. Make more meals at home and invite friends over to share. Making home meals lets me have control over what I make and where the ingredients come from, and sharing meals is fun for me.
4. Show (rather than tell) the people I love that I love them. Make bold crazy statements … however it feels right at the time.
5. Never resist the impulse to be generous. Giving can feel good.
6. Listen to my intuition, no matter what.
~~~~ * ~~~~ * ~~~~
Now tell me about your radical self-care.
Is there something you do that empties your mind? Have you wanted to get a massage, but told yourself that you can’t afford it? What fills you back up that you haven’t made time for?
Leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
My best wishes for an incredible year,