That’s right, beautiful people.
It’s the time of year when things aren’t always merry & bright. There’s the stress of shopping, the time-crunch of traveling, dealing with crowds, and sometimes the irritation of being with people you don’t like.
Here’s my tiny guide to feeling a sliver of peace:
- Be gentle with yourself. That can mean lowering your expectations (as in “you can’t do it all”) and focus on what you can do, no matter how small.
- Retreat. If you are a “highly sensitive person,” plan time each day when you can be alone with your thoughts away from noise, smells and others.
- Make your own schedule whenever possible. This time comes from my friend Colleen. Rather than be at the whim of others, tell them when you’re available to get together. (Thank you, Colleen!)
- Focus on love. Shift your awareness from the crap that makes you feel bad to people and things you love.
- Breathe. Place your hands on your belly. Inhale into your hands, allowing your belly to fill with air like a balloon. Exhale, allowing your shoulders to sink down. Repeat.
Sending you big hugs and love beams,